Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

ShamaAqui שָׁמַע-2018

On December 10 I woke up to my prayer language.  A common word I say when praying spirit to spirit is shamaaqui.  I never thought of researching to see if it actually had a "real" meaning.  I thought to myself in that moment,  "I wonder what my new word would be for 2018." My mind took over and I thought of something to do with new beginnings or change.  I mean after 2017 I really need something new and fresh.  I began to look up definition to these words and other similar ones and nothing made sense in my spirit and again shamaaqui came to mind. 

So I googled the word shamaaqui and nothing.  Then I clearly heard two words.  So I typed in shama and could not even believe what happened next.  Not only is it a word, but a Hebrew word.  I had just returned on December 5 from the land of Hebrew--Israel.  I was in awe and my spirit rose up so joyful and excited.  I hit John sleeping soundly next to me and said listen you are never going to believe this.  He was not as excited being woke up to me dancing in bed.  I began to read though the words used in the bible in connection to shama and tears began to run down my face. 
This is it! 
Strong's Concordance
8085. shama
shama: to hear
Original Word: שָׁמַע
Transliteration: shama
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-mah')

announce (2), announced (3), announces (3), completely (1), comprehends (1),
diligently (1), discern (1), disregarded (1), gave heed (2), give earnest heed (1), given heed (2), hear (270), hear (1), heard (363), heard for certain (1), hearing (5), hears (33), heed (5), heeded (2), indeed obey (1), keep on listening (1), listen (226), listen attentively (1), listen carefully (3), listen closely (1), listen obediently (2), listened (52), listening (12), listens (7), loud-sounding (3), made a proclamation (1), make his heard (1), make their heard (1), make them known (1), make themselves heard (1), make your heard (1), obedient (1), obey (32), obey (14), obeyed (21), obeyed (5), obeying (6), obeys (1), overheard (1), pay heed (1), proclaim (15), proclaimed (6), proclaims (1), reported (3), sang (1), show (1), sound (2), sound (1), sounded (1), summon (2), summoned (2), surely hear (1), surely heard (1), truly obey (1), understand (7), understanding (1), understood (1), witness (1)
You can imagine my delight even if you have been only following my blog.  And then the big kicker.  The verse attached to the word shama is Isaiah 42:9 and again I am hitting John and weeping and excited and dancing in bed.  I encourage you to read the whole thing because it brought me great joy and sealed a lot of things for me.   
And if that is not enough the second part of the word is aqui, which is Spanish for here and Latin for water.  Hear here. Hear water. Water is a representation in scripture of Holy Spirit.  I could go on and on but for now I am going to leave you with this.  I will choose this day and all of 2018 to hear here and listen to the announcements of Holy Spirit because they are springing into being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment