Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Beautiful Feet

Last night I had the amazing opportunity to serve with some friends from my church at Beautiful Feet in downtown Fort Worth. They serve food and have a service on Wednesday nights to the homeless in downtown. I was able to meet several different people who shared some of their stories with me. Upon arriving to the shelter I was greeted by man and a woman. The woman had three roses and said that a vendor had given them to her. And then she immediately handed me the white one. She said, "Here have this one." Of course I said no no you keep it and she insisted that I have it. Here i intended to serve the homeless and I was already being given a precious flower. That set the tone for the night.

As a group, we had planned the worship and planned the word that was going to be given and realize when we got there than another church was also serving with us. So while I went out on the bus to go to different shelters to bring people for dinner the team graciously worked with the other church to share in the service. It was amazing to see people step out of their comfort zone and lead worship and preach for the first time. I am honored to serve the Lord who redeems. I am honored to serve the Lord who pushes us outside of our comfort zone. And today I want to give him all the glory for last night.

I pray as the team or reflects what happened last night that you Father continue Lord to reveal to them new things about themselves. Father I pray for the couples that I met Father I pray for their spirits to be lifted today. I pray for joy to come into their hearts today in a new way. I pray for the hopelessness to be gone. I thank you Father for the salvation last night and pray that you protect that man and guide Him. Thank you that you comfort us in our time of need. 

Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment