Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Fasting and feeding

At the beginning of the year many churches encourage their members to join in a corporate fast. And as I began to pray about if and how I am to be invoiced I begin to think about the opposite ... what am I supposed to be feeding/seeking?

Although I do agree that fasting is a huge importance I also think that feeding/seeking is equally! What is it that you are seeking? What is it that you want to know, replace, purge, etc...? Fasting is not always about food therefore feeding/seeking is not always about food either.

Fasting needs to be done in a manner of humility and secrecy in Matthew 6:16–18  “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. If you fast and tell everybody what you're doing then you're fasting is for nothing.

Fasting also is closely related to prayer, weeping, and reading of the Word.  In Joel 2:12 Scripture says even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with morning. If you fast without praying, weeping, and reading then you're fasting is for nothing.

So, as I am praying about what it is that I'm supposed to be fasting from I am also praying equally about what it is that I'm supposed to be feeding and seeking. What am I supposed to be doing instead of what it is that I'm fasting from?

Fasting in itself is of no spiritual value. And John 3:6 Scripture says it is the attitude of the heart sincerely seeking him to which God responds with blessing. Only fasting done with the right heart will glorify God. There are many reasons to participate in a fast. I'm going to enter into this fast because I'm seeking the Lord and His ways. 

I thank you in advance Father, for showing me what it is that I will be fasting from and what it is that I'm feeding and seeking. During this time of Revelation I am going to be feeding myself with your word, your people, and Your ways! Show me Father what you have for me to learn through this. In Jesus name!  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment