Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Exposing Sin



Recently I confronted something I considered sin.  The person not only denied it, but attempted to turn it around to look like I was the person in the wrong.  It is well (now) with my soul, because I know I did my part.  I confronted it, pointed it out, and exposed it to others.  Now it is the responsibility of others, not mine. I struggled for a while with it not being handled or action not being taken.  I have chosen to surrender this and the outcome to God the Father.  He is more than capable of handling all things.    
Many times, I believe Christians think because God is the ultimate judge that we cannot call out sin when we see it.  Well I believe we are actually called to point out to people when they are in a sin, especially a stronghold.  There are things, of course, that need to be in place ---- before that happens.  Here are a few of my thoughts on this.

1. You need to have a clear word from the Holy Spirit that you are supposed to say something, what you are supposed to say, and (very important) when you are supposed to say it.  The right word at the wrong time is the wrong word. 


2. Having a relationship with the person, not always a must, but also usually important.  Holy Spirit can give you a word of knowledge for a complete stranger and I advised be obedient in giving that word.  But very effective is wounds from a friend can be trusted. Proverbs 27:6

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. 1 Corinthians 12:8 For truly, to one is given a word of wisdom by the Spirit, and to another a word of knowledge according to the same Spirit. Something that has “grown me up” the most has been friends and mentors who were willing to call me out on things I was either ignorant of, or being ignorant in.

3. Leadership is a whole other level.  Scriptures says leadership, pastors, teachers, etc…. are held to a higher standard. James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. There is also scripture that speaks about the process of confronting those in leadership.  Matthew 18:15-17 If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

I believe we are called to confront sin.  Sin is missing the mark.  It is helpful, beneficial and necessary.  I do think it is so important to be willing to walk it out with a person.  It is not okay to point it out and walk away, unless you are forced.  Allow Holy Spirit to minister to others through you.  His power in His word is effective, Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Do not be afraid to point out sin. 
Do not be afraid to stand your ground. 
Do not be afraid to say the truth. 
Even if you have to walk away.


No comments:

Post a Comment