Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Friday, December 15, 2017

New Chapter

We have been in a season of lots and lots of change.  Some honestly, have been much easier than others. I feel like God has been stripping John and I of many many things.  From material possessions ~ to friends ~ to jobs.


For me this year my word of the year has been Protected.  As I reflect on it I am amazed at how many things that were meant to harm, but God…… protected me…… completely.  He gave me the verse Exodus 14:14 to go along with the word Protected and I have leaned into this scripture almost daily.



I have learned a deepness of being still.  I almost despise busyness because it is the opposite of being still.  I have learned to trust the Lord to fight for me and not defend or fight for myself.  I come from a long history of fighting for what I believe in and making a way where I know there should be a way.  But this year has been completely different.  I cannot even begin to explain all the pieces, but trust me it is incredible and He gets all the glory.  The fact that I am not crushed in spirit is all because of my leaning and his faithfulness.  I am sharper and more humble and more patient than I have ever been.

For John he has also experienced many changes.  The biggest has been a job change and we expect a few more in 2018.  Although it was hard to make the change it already has been incredible.  We both know in the deepest part of our being that God is going to restore everything to a better, more incredible place than we can even think or imagine.  When our eyes don’t see our hearts know.

So, as we listened and heard to sell our house.  We began the preparations of selling a home we have been in for 14 years.  The house our kids grew up in.  The home so much freedom and restoration and life changes have happened for not only us, but so many others.  The place where depression almost killed me but the grace of God saved me.  We close in less than 2 weeks, right after Christmas.  We are moving forward and cannot wait to share with everyone the next steps.  It is smaller and minimal.  We are going to be able to save ~ and give ~ and go much more than we ever thought possible.  Our BIGGEST dreams are coming true and it has come in the stillness, the solitude, and the change.  

I'm honored to be able to share the struggle and the glory with each of you that read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment