Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

I AM Healed



 About 7 years ago, I was walking in many physical illnesses and diseases.   I was taking about 9 pills a day for different things from depression, panic attacks, insomnia, acid reflux, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and migraines.  My health was a total mess.  I was also 100 pounds overweight which contributed to the miserable way I felt every day.  I was convinced I would have more friends and be happier if only I could lose weight.  I had struggled for many years with my weight and tried a variety of diets from cabbage meals to pills.  Nothing worked longer than a few months and I outwardly told people I was just fine with the way I looked and felt.  Meanwhile inside I hated the way I felt and did not know how to change it.  My depression was so real I would often cry for hours locked in the bathroom feeling so very sorry for myself.  My family did not know what to do to help me.  I was under psychiatric care for a while to get my medications better aligned so I could make it through most days.
There came a point when I began to seek the Lord for some answers to this road I was on.  I was in community with some fabulous people who knew the Holy Spirit intimately and showed me what a relationship with Him looked like.  I thought I was saved as a young girl, but had never fully surrendered my life to Jesus or entered into a relationship with the Holy Spirit.  I choose to make God the Lord of my Life and things rapidly began to change.  I began to feel the scales drop from my eyes and to see clearer than I ever had before.  I wanted more and more of Him and everything He said.  I choose to have a surgery to help me with my weight loss and the pounds began to drop.  The other health issues also started to disappear.  My medical doctor was amazed and it took him a long while to understand why I was claiming healing over my body.  I stopped taking all my medications and was feeling better than I ever had before.  I realized through studying the Word and engaging in a community with believers that I can command my body to line up with what God says, and I no longer have to live with these diagnosis that the world had given me.  I declared it and it was so.  I still tell myself anytime I feel even the slightest pain in my head that I am healed of migraines and that the pain has to leave.  To this day I no longer have migraines.  I am able to sleep soundly each and every night.  I do not have depression, but instead have the peace and joy of the Lord.  I am so Blessed to be healed of so many things.  I actively tell people about the power that comes along with the Holy Spirit and encourage others to get and stay connected to Him and other believers.

One of my favorite scriptures is James 5:16.  Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.  I know confessing my sins to the Father brings about complete and total forgiveness, but me confessing my sins to friends and mentors means that I am healed.  I needed healing from not only physical illness, but from pain and hurt caused by relationships, from so many lies the enemy told me about who I was, from anger and guilt.  I get to choose each day to confess any lies I have partnered with, or that the world has told me, and repent from believing that lie, and choose to replace it with the truth from God Word and what He says about me.  I actively seek and pray with others I know, because I have seen, that the Lord will heal me.  He will heal me physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I am so thankful for the relationship I have with the Holy Spirit and how gracious and kind He is to guide me each day.  He is my best friend and wants only the best for me.  

1 comment:

  1. I love you. And your transparency...and your ability to encourage others with your testimony!

    ReplyDelete