Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Who am I?

I AM  The two most powerful words, for what you put after them shapes your reality.  In Exodus 3:14 Moses asks who he should say sent him and God replies, “I AM has sent me to you.”  In John’s gospel, He identifies with 7 “I AM” statements.  I AM the bread of life, I AM the light of this world, I AM the gate for the sheep, I AM the good shepherd, I AM the resurrection and the life, I AM the way, the truth and the life, I AM the true vine.  Who is I AM?  He is the great and mighty one.  He is the beginning and the end.  So
Who am I?
Many of us relate to negative emotions and feelings easily.  One thing happens and we begin that self-talk that says we are worthless, and will never get it right.  I messed it up so badly this time I might as well never try again.  I will never this or never that.  After days and weeks of the self-talk we feel depression settling in.   Why? Because we have allowed shame, guilt, bitterness and dread to come in and cloud our minds.  It is so easy to get to the place where we choose to sit back and let life happen without us engaging in it.  But the truth is that sitting back is making a choice.  Not engaging is choosing.  You are either in or out and sitting back is being out.  Exposure to the lies is where truth comes rushing in.  I am not at all discounting the conviction that comes through the Holy Spirit.  The conviction of your sin is what sanctifies you and bring forth life and life abundantly.  Conviction is necessary to growth.  Choosing to recognize mistakes and make right wrongs is maturity.  What exactly is conviction of the Holy Spirit?  It is discipline.  It is not nagging or badgering, but it is a resting of something on your heart that you know you need to repent of and ask forgiveness for.  He will keep convicting us until we do something about it.  He will never make us feel ashamed.  That is condemnation.  Condemnation usually stews and repeats old lies and brings about doubt in you and your value. If you will read the Word of God, mediate, and ask the Holy Spirit, He will show you the truth.  He is our guide and He loves you more than you can ever think or imagine.  Ephesians 1:11-12 says I AM blessed, chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed, and forgiven.  This is a scripture that I often meditate on and it brings be such comfort.  Bottom line is……
I am who I AM says I am


No comments:

Post a Comment