Mission Statements:

Sending Flores exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to the world. We serve locally and globally and have a calling to be HIS hands and feet.
Velvet Hearts exists to show the unconditional love of Christ to women and men who work in the sex industry and to renew and reaffirm hope and a future to them.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I AM Loved

Pain, People, and Purpose
Would you agree that relationships can be beneficial and rewarding parts of your life? Do you long to be connected to people, whether that is through friendships, your spouse, or your children? We were created for community and it is a vital part of our lives. When you are in community there will be pain, hurts, and even betrayals. I have walked through this area, seeking God about why it happened, why He is not fixing it, and why me…..and I feel sad and discouraged sometimes.  So I want to encourage you with what He is showing me through this season.
The Holy Spirit is speaking to me about my faith. For many years, I thought if I had enough faith nothing bad would come my way, or when it did I would instantly increase my faith, pray, trust and believe, and it would be resolved. But what I have learned is that faith is not about God fixing my pain, healing my hurts, and repairing betrayals.  Faith is about me trusting God to give me more than enough strength, mercy, grace, love and compassion during the times I most desperately need him. Faith is also knowing that I am not alone, no matter how my circumstances play out. 

Hebrews 4:16 NIV says, “Let us approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”

Love is the other thing He has been reminding me of, walking through some extremely difficult circumstances. We are called to love one another. God did not tell us to love the people who are loveable. He actually calls us to love the unlovable.  God also calls us to forgive. So when hurt and pain come, we still need to give love.  God does not have conditions upon which He loves us.  His love is unconditional.  Even when we turn our back on Him, run the other way, or live rebellious, He still loves us and calls us His child.  He fights for us and not against us.  We are challenged with looking more and more like Him every day.  To look like Him we must love and forgive
The God of the universe is here to comfort you and walk with you through every circumstance.  Seek Him and He will show you.  Turn your ears to hear and your heart to receive everything he has for you. 
What is He saying?

Check out this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment